Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Sad lonely blog

Here it sits, neglected for these few weeks while I write and write elsewhere. But that's OK, because my daily fiction word count is on a roll. I've had a few 10,000 word weeks, not counting freelancing work

In the meanwhile, some science fiction writing music with a heroic bent: Genre Playlist.

I used to avoid listening to music while writing, but given how much time I spend in front of the computer these days its become something of a necessary stimulant at times alongside tea or espresso drinks. Music without lyrics generally works the best, as it provides the highest ratio of motivation vs distraction.

2 comments:

Q. said...

10k a week is an awesome acheivement. I've been listening to a lot of dubstep lately while programming. It makes for excellent focus.

Alex Black said...

I think I'm going to shamelessly pirate your Rdio feed on FB.