Sunday, January 01, 2012

*snrk*

For my first post of the year I was going to do a rare political rant and air my thoughts on issues from last year like Occupy Wall Street and some very negative structural changes that we've made to our economy and government here in the US over the past fourteen years. Then I came across the most bizarre mash ups of an 80s pop music piece combined with a character from one of my favorite absurdist and slice-of-life anime, Azumanga Daioh.



I like Azumanga for a couple of reasons.

One is that it has some wonderful absurdist humor in it, but remains very sympathetic to the female characters who are its focus. Another is that some of those same characters process the world mentally in ways that are very different from the norm, but which give them unusual insights into the nature of events and their relationships with their friends. Lastly, it's one of the primary sources of inspiration for my favorite slice-of-life webcomic Questionable Content.

So politics sometime later this week or next. In the meanwhile I've got more commissioned and on-spec projects than I can shake a stick at.

No comments: