Monday, February 11, 2013

The man who shot Bin Laden

The Shooter | Center for Investigative Reporting:

An intense and very interesting look at the raid that killed Usama Bin Laden, life as a member of SEAL Team 6, and the rough transition to civilian life after a decade spent at war. From the Center for Investigative Reporting and Esquire Magazine.


Update: Slate Magazine ran an analysis of the story, and pointed out that "the shooter" is in fact entitled to five years of free healthcare through the VA health care service as a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan  That was something that I've been wondering about, as the VA has traditionally provides health care to veterans without coverage. I've used VA health care myself, when I first moved to Portland and was stuck in a three-month window, waiting for my new employer's coverage to kick in.

No comments: